Here are my impressions after a week of driving it around.
- The handling is absolutely amazing. It's on a different level entirely from other cars I have driven. That "M" logo on the steering wheel certainly stands for something.
- The power in the car is awesome to experience.
- Brakes are no-nonsense. They do a much better job than they appear to from the "lack of drama".
- The car is very comfortable and almost all the gadgets work as advertised (including the real-time traffic on the nav). The Blackberry integration for email messages is a bit hit and miss though.
- It feels like a big car when parking it.
- When driving, it feels big on the inside, but feels lithe and nimble on the outside.
- The car has a very different character in "Comfort" settings (the default when it starts up), as opposed to the sportier settings available when you press a pre-programmed "M" button. Turns into an absolute beast in M mode!
- I am very happy with my colour and trim selections.
- I look forward every single day to driving her!