Wednesday 29 September 2021

BMW Technical Information

The very best source for technical information about BMW cars is the BMW TIS (Technical Information System).

https://www.bmwtis.com

You only really need a single day's access for $30, and that allows you to go into the training section and download literally any of the pdf documents that are in there (about 180 or so). It's wise to cast a broader net, as a document about your car may refer to other documents.

This is what I downloaded that day for my $30:

But don't worry, if you're interested in the BMW F90 LSI M5 Competition, I'm doing all the reading for you and will present my synthesis on this blog. The previous generation F10 M5 was similar in many ways to the current generation F90, so if you're interested in the F90, best to go back to the start of this blog and read through it to catch up to me. Also, all the history and basic car engineering principles are the same, so good to read that as well.

As I go through the new car, I will explicitly refer back to earlier blog entries and then carry on with the differences, so nothing lost if you want to prepare yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment